Lisboa Lacrosse Cup will be played following FIL rules, except:
Men’s Field Rules
RULE 29 - Time of the Match – (Rule 29.1 and 29.3)
Group Stage games: 2 halves of 15 minutes. Total 30 minutes per game.
Rule 29.3 - Half-time, the interval shall be 2 minutes long.
Rule 29.1 – The game should be 1 half of 20 minutes. Total 20 minutes per game.
Rule 29.3 - Half-time not applicable.
Rule 29.1 - According to FIL Rule Book.
Rule 29.3 – According to FIL Rule Book.
RULE 31 - Tied Game – Over Time
Rule 31.1 - There shall be an interval of 2 minutes, during which the teams shall change ends.
Rule 31.2 – 4 minutes “Sudden death” procedure will take place. The team scoring the first goal wins. If a winning goal is not scored in the first 4 minute period, teams will change ends with no delay for coaching, and the game will be restarted with a face-off. The team scoring the first goal wins.
RULE 44 - TIMEOUTS
Group Stage / Knock-out Stage / 11º Playoff / 10º / 9º/ 8º/ 7º/ 6º/5º/4º/3º Place Games
Rule 44.8 - No time-outs shall be allowed.
Rule 44.8 - A team shall be limited to 2 time-outs per half. No time-outs shall be allowed in a sudden-death overtime period.
Women’s Field Rules
According to FIL Rule Book, except:
RULE 11 – Duration of Play (Rule A, B, and H)
Group Stage, Knock-out and Semi-Finals
· Rule A - The duration of the games will be 2 periods of 15 minutes.
· Rule B - Half-time the interval shall be 3 minutes long.
· Rule H - No time-outs shall be allowed.
· Rule A - According to FIL Rule Book. The duration of the game will be 60 minutes; four 15 minute quarters.
· Rule B – According to FIL Rule Book.
· Rule H - According to FIL Rule Book.
RULE 25: TOURNAMENT RULES - F. Overtime Procedures – Playing off a tie game when required.
1. When the score is tied at the end of regulation playing time, both teams will have 2 minutes rest and toss the coin for choice of ends. The lower seeded team will call the coin toss for choice of end to defend.
2. No time-outs shall be allowed on overtime.
3. 4 minutes “Sudden death” procedure will take place. The team scoring the first goal wins. If a winning goal is not scored in the first 4 minute period, teams will change ends with no delay for coaching, and the game will be restarted with a center draw. The team scoring the first goal wins.
TOURNAMENT GROUPS TIEBREAKERS CRITERIA
1) Points (3 for victory)
2) In the case of a two-way tie between teams in the final standings, the higher seed will be determined on the basis on the head to head competition.
3) In the case of multiple ties (more than two teams with the same points), the following procedure will be used
3.1) Goal difference (goals scored minus goals obtained) in all games
3.2) Higher number of goals scored in all games
4) If a tie still persists, it will be broken by a random draw conducted by the Tournament Director.
Rotation of the players in different teams is allowed up to a maximum of 5 players and only allowed for hosting teams that registered less than 13 players in the tournament.
Games will be mainly played on artificial grass. Metal studs are not allowed.
Due to weather circumstances, like intense heat or intense rain, game time can be adjusted by the referees and the organization.
Use of mouthguards are mandatory to both men’s and women’s teams